TARGET AUDIENCE: Cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, interventional radiologists, and other healthcare professionals with an interest in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
ACCREDITATION: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Sharp HealthCare and the San Diego Medial Program. Sharp HealthCare is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CME CREDIT: Sharp HealthCare designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
DISCLOSURE: As an organization accredited by the ACCME, Sharp HealthCare requires everyone who is in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The ACCME defines “relevant financial relationships” as financial relationships in any amount, occurring within the past 12 months. including financial relationships of a spouse or life partner, that could create a conflict of interest. Sharp HealthCare, encourages faculty to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration, at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
2021 LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Recognize new corona virus cardiac manifestations and therapies.
- Learn recent interventional, pharmacological, device based surgical advances in the treatment and management of cardiac arrhythmias, advanced heart failure and cardiogenic shock, peripheral arterial disease, pulmonary hypertension, aneurysmal disease, and acute pulmonary embolism.
- Recognize new medications and imaging modalities in the screening and management of ischemia, coronary artery disease, sleep apnea, and hyperlipidemia.
- Define evolving role of the cardiologist in the treatment of hyperlipidemia, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease in women.
- Learn recent advances in medical, surgical and per cutaneous treatment for management of hypertension, PCSK9 inhibition, stroke prevention, valvular heart disease, vascular disease, role of salt in cardiovascular disease, and Kawasaki disease.